We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so – for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views]);
(b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
(d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
(e) any other information that you choose to send to us;
(2) How And Why We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To further develop and improve our Services – for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy.
- To monitor and analyse trends and better understand how customers interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition - for example, we may analyse how many individuals purchased an item after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Global and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Global and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Global and our products; and
- To personalise your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users, and serve relevant advertisements.
(3) What do We do with the information?
- process sales transactions, donations, or other payments and verify financial transactions
- handle orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders
- provide a personalised service to you when you visit Our websites – this could include customising the content and/or layout of Our pages for individual users
- record any contact We have with you
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of Our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on Our behalf
- to carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of Our users and supporters to help Us gain a better understanding of them and to enable Us to improve Our service. This research may be carried out internally by Our employees or We may ask another company to do this work for Us
- communicate with Our suppliers and customers
- if you have agreed to it, provide you with information that We think may be of interest to you.
(4) Sharing Information
- We do not sell our customers’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our website who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Global, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
(5) Storing your information
- Information is stored by Us on computers located in the UK. We may transfer the information to other offices and to other reputable third party organisations as explained above – they may be situated inside or outside the European Economic Area. We may also store information in paper files.
- We place a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with Our supporters, customers and users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under Our control. For example, only authorised personnel are authorised to access user information and We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial and personal information you input before it is sent to Us. While We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under Our control, We use Our best efforts to try to prevent this.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst We do Our best to try to protect the security of your information We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
- Where you or We have provided a password enabling you to access parts of Our websites or use Our services, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential. Please don't share your password with anyone.
- We will keep your information only for as long as We need it to provide you with the goods, services or information you have required, to administer your relationship with Us, to inform Our research into the causes and prevention of drowning or the preferences of Our supporters, to comply with the law, or to ensure We do not communicate with people that have asked Us not to. When We no longer need information We will always dispose of it securely, using specialist companies if necessary to do this work for Us.
(6) International data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(7) Security of your personal data
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(9) Your Rights
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
To exercise any of these rights or to speak to our data protection team, please email: email@example.com
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(11) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(12) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.